About Prof. Graham Weale
Prof. Graham Weale, a recognised authority on energy markets with over 40 years’ experience, offers high-level services to the energy industry, financial institutions, government ministries and politicians.
Heis Professor of Energy Economics at the Ruhr University Bochum since 2016 where his research areas are:
- Carbon pricing and the EU Emissions Trading System
- German power market – renewables, thermal plants and power prices
- Energy intensive industry decarbonisation
- Hydrogen economics and projects in NW Europe
- Power market design and pricing
- Business models of large energy companies
Between 2007 and 2016 Weale was Chief Economist at RWE AG, Germany’s largest power generator and helped navigate the company through the German Energiewende. He therefore has extensive insight into the operations, challenges and political pressures on large European power companies operating a range of power plants in different countries.